Water has always been a very helpful element. It nourishes the thirsty, it cools the heated, and now, it can heal the hurt.
ApextNetwork Physical Therapy® presents the opportunity for you to experience physical therapy in a relatively low- or no-impact environment. Our aquatic experts develop individualized treatment programs, which allow you to accelerate the healing process.
The use of water permits more comfortable movements as it supports the body, reduces joint stress, and provides resistance and assistance in a unique manner. Not to mention, with aquatic therapy, one can expect the following:
- Accelerated rehabilitation
- Protection and reduction of stress on joints
- Decreased swelling
- Increased circulation, range of motion, and flexibility
- Increased balance, coordination, and gait
- Increased muscle tone, strength, and endurance
- Improved body mechanics with activities to avoid re-injury
Diagnoses that are suitable for aquatic therapy include the following:
- Chronic pain
- Neck, shoulder, arms, lower back, knee, and ankle or foot injuries
- Rehabilitation following surgery
- Sports and work-related injuries requiring rapid rehabilitation
We offer the healing power of water – only better!
For more information on aquatic therapy, please contact us at (618) 651-0444.