Aquatic therapy is a low or no-impact therapy provided in water. The use of water permits more comfortable movements as it supports the body, reduces joint stress, and provides resistance and assistance in a unique manner. It is a customized water program designed and monitored by a qualified professional. It is beneficial in jump-starting a therapeutic plan of care for individuals who may not tolerate a land-based program initially.
Aquatic therapy can assist with:
• Low back pain
• Rehabilitation following surgery
• Chronic pain including fibromyalgia
• Neck, shoulder, arms, lower back, knee, and ankle or foot injuries
• Neurological conditions
What you can expect from Aquatic therapy:
• Faster rehabilitation rate
• Reduction of stress on joints
• Decreased swelling
• Increased circulation, range of motion, and flexibility
• Improved balance, coordination, and posture
• Improved muscle tone, strength, and endurance
ApexNetwork Physical Therapy has several locations that provide aquatic therapy under the supervision of a qualified therapist. These locations include Belleville East (IL), Highland (IL), Maryville (IL), Frontenac (MO), and Luray (VA). Our heated pools provide a warm and relaxing environment for added therapeutic benefit.
For more information on aquatic therapy, please contact us at (877) 224-4354.
Scheduling an appointment is easy, convenient and flexible. We’ll schedule you fast, sometimes the same or next day, but always within 24 to 48 hours of requesting your first appointment.